Moving can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to help make it easier when moving to your new home:
1. Start packing early. Don’t wait until the last minute to start packing. Start packing anything you don’t use everyday as soon as you know you’re moving. This will help reduce the stress of having to pack everything in a short amount of time.
2. Make a list. Make a list of all the items you need to pack and the items you need to move. This will help you keep track of what you need to do and ensure that you don’t forget anything.
3. Label your boxes. Label your boxes with the room they will be going in and what they contain. This will help make unpacking easier and faster. If you combine this with your list from earlier, you can number the box too so you know where you put everything.
4. Pack an essentials bag. Pack a bag with all the items you need for the first night in your new home. This will include items like toiletries, a change of clothes, and snacks. The first thing we recommend stocking is the bathroom, especially toilet paper, soap, and a plunger.
5. Get help. Don’t try to do it all by yourself. If you can’t hire a mover, ask friends and family to help you move. This will make the process much easier and faster.
6. Take breaks. Moving can be exhausting, so make sure to take breaks and hydrate throughout the day. This will help keep you energized and focused.
7. Hire movers. If you don’t have enough help, consider hiring movers. They can help you move quickly and safely. Especially for the big stuff. None of your friends want to slip a disc moving your antique grand piano.